Transitional Housing Project: Everest Residence in Chai Wan
(Project Code: 18)
- SoCO is now commencing with the transitional housing project of “Everest Residence,” which provides 102 1-2-person units and one accessible unit to alleviate the grassroots housing pressure.
Project Location and Amenities
- Everest Residence is located at Sheung On Street, Chai Wan.
- The wet market and municipal service building in the vicinity.
- An around 15-minute walk to Chai Wan MTR Station, and around 5-minute walk to the bus stops.
|Type A (In a Priority)||
Units’ Type and monthly rent
- Comprehensive Social Security Assistance Scheme(CSSA) Recipients: Equals to the maximum rent allowance rates under the Scheme granted by the Social Welfare Department (SWD).
- Non-CSSA Recipients: Calculated at approximately 25% of the household’s average income in the past 6 months, with the caps and floors point.
Unit’ Type Internal Floor Area(sq.ft.) Monthly Rent(HKD) Non-CSSA families CSSA 1-person unit 169 $2,400 – $2,900 $2,515 2-person unit 169 $3,500 – $3,900 $4,440 Accessible Unit 328 $2,400 – $2,900 $2,515 $3,500 – $3,900 $4,440 3-4人：$4,200-$4,900 $5,330-$6,005
Note 1：This is the updated MRA which is effective with 1st Feb 2022.
Term: At least three years. The renewal arrangement is to be negotiated after moving in.
Floors: Including the G/F, the building has four floors without lifts.
Facilities: With an independent toilet and cooking area.
Equipment: Each unit has a basic renovation (with the rack, floor boarding, etc.), extra-large window, and water heater
Amenities: Independent mailbox, outdoor leisure space, communal activity room, etc.
Completion Period: Dec 2023 is the fastest.
Cash Allowance: Residents can continue to receive the cash allowance.
Submission of Application Form:
A central application form collection system is in charge of the government. Please contact Task Force on Transitional Housing, Housing Bureau if you have any questions in the application form submission stage.
The “Project Code” of Everest Residence: 18
- By post to the “Task Force on Transitional Housing, Housing Bureau, P.O. Box 183, General Post Office.” or
- By Fax to 3565 4382（Task Force on Transitional Housing, Housing Bureau）or
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org or
- By submitting the application form into the collection box in Hong Kong Housing Authority Customer Service Centre or The Cash Allowance Office of the Housing Department
Submission of Supporting Documents:
Submitting the supporting documents:
The applicants shall provide copies of the required documents after receiving SoCO’s calls/Whatsapp/SMS notification.
To proceed with the supporting documents submission smoothly, Applicants shall contact in advance SoCO to ensure the office hours.