Life and Times – Photo Exhibition of People with Mental Illness
About exhibition (有關展覽 )
Heart touching work tells the life and times of people who suffer from mental illness; Singer Denise Ho and writer Wai Chan sincerely recommend.
“They act as a mirror for the rest of us “normal” people, reflecting the darkness that exists not only in society but also in every one of us. The trials and tribulations of their lives aren’t theirs alone to overcome. There’s a collective lesson in there for all of us.” By hocc (Denise Ho)
Exhibition details (展覽詳情)
- Opening (開幕 ): 7pm – 9pm, October 24,2014
- Exhibition Date (展期): October 3-6, 2014
- Exhibition Time (時間 ): 10 am-10pm
- Venue (地址): Ground floor, Exhibition area E3 and E4, Hong Kong Cultural Centre, Tsim Sha Tsui
- Exhibition Date (展期): October 24 – December 21 Every Friday, Saturday, Sunday
- Exhibition Time (時間): 12pm – 7pm
- Venue (地址): 1st floor, 269 Yu Chau Street, Sham Shui Po
- (Free Admission 免費入場)
Special Events (特備活動)
1. Screening: Documentary The Decameron (放映活動： 紀錄片《十日談》)
Introduction: Produced by Hocc Charity Fund and directed by Mak Yan Yan, The Decameron is a documentary of high quality which explores social causes of mental illness and reveals problems of society.
Venue: 1/F, 269 Yu Chau Street, Sham Shui Po (close to Sham Shui Po railway station Exit C2)
2. Human Library: “Borrow” a person; Read real stories (真人圖書館：借閱真人，聆聽故事)
Introduction: What do you think of people with mental illness? Have you ever talked with them? Co-organized by SoCO and Breakazine!, Human Library@ People suffering from mental illness involves persons as books in sharing their marginalized stories. Let’s join us as a sincere good reader!
Date: 22/11/2014, Sat
3. Talks: The recovery perspective：A fresh view of mental illness (講座分享：「你如何看精神病康復者？復元概念新角度)
Introduction: Living with mental illness for the past 30 years, Mr. Vincent Cheng also works as social worker to serve people who share similar experience with him. With in-depth understanding of mental illness, Vincent is dedicated to promoting the recovery values. In this talk, SoCO invites Vincent to share his view on mental distress and how public view on it.
Date: 13/12/2014, Sat
4. Group Visits & Tour (團體導賞 )
Introduction: In-depth introduction of people who suffer from mental illness by social workers; suitable for groups of 20-35 persons; each tour lasts one hour
Charges: Non-profit organizations: HK$ 500/group; Business institutions: HK$ 1,000/group
收費：非牟利團體：HK $500/團; 商業機構：HK $1,000/團